Leadership Orientation with Two Leaders
Orientation is a dining experience in which you will share a meal with other leaders and discuss the principles of Groups and what success looks like. You will hear about methods and practices that will help you lead well and care for people in your Group. Orientation is also supported by timely videos, suggested books, and our leadership website, which will continually help you learn and develop as a leader. In Orientation, you can expect to receive and learn more about some of the following elements from the Groups ministry:
- Training resources (books, videos)
- A friend who is experienced in the Group Ministry team to answer questions
- Curriculum suggestions
- Community building ideas
- Groups Handbook
- Membership at Brentwood Baptist Church
- Pray for who you would like to invite to your group. We suggest you have four couples or six singles whom you plan to invite before you attend orientation.
- Read over the Baptist Faith and Message (1963/1998)
Our church’s statement of faith is the Baptist Faith and Message, 1963 edition (with 1998 Family Amendment). As a Group leader you will be expected to guide your Group within the bounds of this confession. Please click here to read a PDF of this document.