Leadership Orientation and Training for New Leaders
Orientation is a 4-session experience in which you will discover the principles of Groups and what success looks like. You will practice methods and practices that will help you lead well and care for people in your Group. Orientation is also supported by timely videos, books, and websites that will continually help you learn and develop as a leader. You can expect some of the following elements of orientation from the Groups ministry:
- Training resources (books, videos)
- A friend who is an experienced Group leader to answer questions
- Support calls, texts and emails about Groups ministry and your own soul care
- Curriculum suggestions
- Community building ideas
- Pray for who you would like to invite to your group. We suggest you have four couples or six singles whom you plan to invite before you attend your first orientation session.
- Watch the Pre-Orientation video here.
- Read over the Baptist Faith and Message (1963/1998)
Our church’s statement of faith is the Baptist Faith and Message, 1963 edition (with 1998 Family Amendment). As a Group leader you will be expected to guide your Group within the bounds of this confession. Please click here to read a PDF of this document.