Jesus commands us to make disciples by: going, baptizing, and teaching to obey. Our strategy for making disciples with Jesus is to have Gospel Conversations to be GOING to our neighbors and nations, and to be a part of a GROUP that grows, cares, and equips.
- Gospel Conversations: Dedicate a group meeting to allow for each group member to practice sharing their testimony in five minutes. There are three phases of sharing your testimony:
- 1. What was your life like before Christ?
- 2. How did you come to know Christ?
- 3. What is your life like after putting your faith in Christ? Provide any constructive feedback after each group member shares their story.
- Going: Volunteer to engage the community by serving at the Parking Lot Christmas on 12/13. Email Amy-Jo for details: [email protected].
- Grow: Ring in the New Year by picking a Bible.com reading plan to go through together or use the YouVersion app.
- Care: Since Group Christmas parties can’t be in-person festive as in past years, why not spice up Christmas spirit by creating “My Small Group Playlist” on Spotify and have members add their favorite Christmas and worship songs to listen to during workouts, drives, or chores around the house.
- Equip: A unique way to celebrate Christmas and get to know more about each other in your Group is to share how the birth of Jesus has changed your life. Discuss who is and isn’t baptized in your group. Have those who have been baptized share their experience and discuss how to help facilitate the baptisms of those who haven’t yet. Contact Todd Bishop [email protected] to find out how to get baptized.