The Middle Tennessee Initiative (MTI) is a vision that God has given our church to reach Middle Tennessee for Christ. Daily we’re learning how lost and hopeless our community truly is, and we know that the only way for our neighbors, coworkers, colleagues, acquaintances and friends to be found and have hope is through the gospel. Our obligation and opportunity is to do whatever we can to push back darkness and introduce people to the light of Christ.
In light of MTI, Engage Middle Tennessee (April 23) is a half-day event where LIFE Groups from all campuses engage the Middle Tennessee community through acts of service in the areas of poverty, education and healthcare, and all for the sake of developing relationships and sharing the gospel. The beauty of this opportunity is that it mobilizes and deploys our LIFE Groups into the community as an army of Christ-followers, serving shoulder to shoulder to meet needs and love people unconditionally. It’s an opportunity to demonstrate the gospel as we engage in acts of service and share the gospel as we talk with people and hear their stories.
This day is designed to be a day that would become a catalyst for ongoing outward ministry for LIFE Groups, where groups would develop relationships and participate regularly in mission initiatives outside the walls of their classrooms or living rooms.
What mission opportunities will be available on April 23?
- A BBC ministry partner: Perhaps your group would like to connect with one of our church’s ministry partners and support them in the work they are doing in Middle Tennessee.
- A current mission initiative partnership: Perhaps your group already has a relationship with a mission organization or person or family, and your group might choose to continue working with them on April 23.
- Choose your own adventure: Perhaps your group would prefer to think creatively and prayerfully and discover a need that your group could meet uniquely. In what way could your group serve a neighborhood, community, family or person for the sake of the Gospel on April 23?
What do you need to do in preparation for Saturday, April 23?
- Determine whether your LIFE Group will participate.
- Complete the Engage Middle Tennessee online registration form.
- Begin promoting to group members.
- Determine how your group will participate on April 23.
- Appoint someone to be the point person for mobilizing and planning your group’s involvement (E Leader).
- If you are “choosing your own adventure,” be sure to communicate with your campus discipleship minister what you are doing so he/she can assist you.